Mini Bacon Gruyere Spinach Frittatas are a delightful combination of flavors that go together perfectly. They’re easily made ahead of time, making them ideal for a brunch or a quick grab-and-go breakfast.
Are you a breakfast person? I like breakfast foods, but I have to admit that I struggle with eating breakfast in the morning. Wild horses have to keep me away from my morning coffee, but making breakfast alway seems like such a chore.
Delicious Mini Frittatas
I just hate the idea of dirty pans and dishes first thing in the morning. There’s plenty of time for that later in the day. That’s why I love these mini bacon gruyere spinach frittatas. They are a perfect make ahead breakfast food.
A single recipe makes 12 cute little delicious frittatas, which will set you up for breakfast all week long. They keep well in the fridge or the freezer and heat up in the microwave in no time. Put them on a paper towel and you don’t even have to dirty a plate.
But how do they taste? Pretty amazing IMO. Gruyere has such a lovely, nutty flavor and the bacon adds a nice smoky, salty flavor. It’s a perfect combination.
You Can Make Even More!
The recipe is also easily doubled, tripled or even quadrupled. That makes these cute bites perfect for stocking up for breakfast or making ahead for a brunch.
This past weekend, my sister-in-law and I hosted a bridal shower brunch for our niece and we made a quadruple batch the day before. The day of the shower, we put all of the frittatas on sheet pans and gently heated them in a 350 degree oven. It made the day so easy and they were such a big hit.
So what are you waiting for? Make up a batch today and treat yourself to a delicious breakfast tomorrow!
More Easy Breakfast Ideas
- Make Ahead Low Carb Breakfast Burritos
- Breakfast Sliders
- Cinnamon Roll Muffins (Dairy Free Option)
- Scrambled Eggs and Veggies
- Homemade Breakfast Sausage
- Smoked Salmon Bagel Spread
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 slices bacon, sliced
- 3 packed cups fresh spinach
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 3/4 cup shredded gruyere cheese
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat, until crispy.
- Remove bacon from pan and drain on paper towels.
- Leave bacon drippings in the skillet and add spinach, garlic and green onions.
- Sauté until spinach has wilted and most of the moisture has evaporated.
- Spray 12 muffin cups generously with cooking spray.
- Evenly divide bacon, spinach mixture and shredded cheese between the muffin cups.
- Pour egg mixture into each cup until they are about 2/3 full.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-18 minutes until eggs are set.
- Let frittatas cool a couple of minutes before removing from pan.
- Frittatas can be frozen for up to 1 month or refrigerated for 1 week. Freeze in a single layer in a gallon size plastic bag or a shallow, tightly covered container. This way you can remove as many as you need.
- They can be reheated in a 350 degree oven for 10-15 minutes or for 30 seconds to 1 minute in the microwave, depending on whether they are frozen or refrigerated.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 198Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 215mgSodium: 543mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 15g