Make ahead low carb breakfast burritos are a delicious and easy solution for busy weekday mornings. Just pop them in the microwave and breakfast is ready.
Fall is just around the corner and many of your kids have already gone back to school. That means it’s back to mornings that can get a little hectic. Which can make breakfast challenging.
But have no fear, I have a solution for you that will make your mornings a little easier AND a lot tastier. Enter the make ahead low carb breakfast burrito. In about 30 minutes you can have 12 of these burritos sitting in your freezer ready for whenever you need a quick breakfast.
These burritos are as simple as browning some breakfast sausage and scrambling some eggs. Then you set up a little assembly line and in no time you’re filling your freezer with a super easy breakfast solution.
We like to eat a fairly low carb diet and I have found that I LOVE Mission Carb Balance tortillas. They don’t have a funny taste like some low carb products do. This isn’t a sponsored post for them either, I just love them.
And don’t worry, these are totally customizable. If you don’t like breakfast sausage you can use bacon. Don’t like eggs, omit them. If you prefer Swiss cheese over cheddar, use that, you get the idea.
Common questions for making breakfast burritos.
- My family doesn’t care for breakfast sausage, can I substitute something else? You can substitute an equal amount of bacon or ham, either would be equally delicious.
- Do I need to include eggs? You can omit the eggs, but I would suggest you use a little more meat in your burrito.
- Where can I find low carb tortillas? I love the Mission Carb Balance tortillas and I find them at my regular grocery store.
- I don’t eat low carb, can I use regular tortillas? Absolutely, use any kind of tortilla that you like.
What are some other easy breakfast recipes?
- Five Minute Breakfast Sandwiches
- Mini Bacon Gruyere Spinach Frittats
- Homemade Sausage, Egg & Cheese Croissan’wichs
- Breakfast Casserole Bites
- Loaded Breakfast Cups
- Olive oil
- 1 lb bulk breakfast sausage
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 cups cheese
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 12 - 8 inch low carb flour tortillas
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat
- Drizzle in a small amount of olive oil
- Add sausage to skillet and break up with a spoon
- Continue cooking sausage until no longer pink.
- Remove from skillet and drain on paper towels.
- Reduce heat to medium low.
- Whisk together eggs and milk.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour eggs into pan, gently stirring until eggs are set.
- Lay out the tortillas on the counter, to make an assembly line.
- Equally divide, in this order, the cheese, eggs, salsa and sausage between the 12 tortillas.
- Roll up each tortilla.
- Wrap each burrito in parchment paper or foil.
- Place the burritos in a single layer on cookie sheets and freeze.
- Once frozen, store in zip top bags in the freezer.
- To serve, leave wrapped in parchment and heat in the microwave for 60-90 seconds until hot.
- If wrapped in foil, remove before heating and wrap in a paper towel.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 290Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 234mgSodium: 813mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 18g