Dinner will be on the table in a snap with this Italian Style Sheet Pan Chicken and Green Beans. Your family will love the delicious flavors and you’ll love the easy clean up.
I might be slightly obsessed with the whole sheet pan dinner craze, but with good reason. It’s such an easy, fuss-free way to get dinner on the table. And who doesn’t like an easy dinner?
Sheet pan dinners are so versatile and you only have one pan to clean. Basically, you can take whatever protein you might have on hand, whatever veggies you have, season it up how you like and throw it in the oven. Easy, right?
This Italian style sheet pan chicken and green beans definitely falls into the category of incredibly easy. It takes 15 minutes or less to get prepped and ready for the oven.
Then you have 30 minutes of hands off time while the oven does it’s thing. You’ll totally have dinner on the table in 45 minutes.
But how does it taste? Absolutely amazing! The chicken stays nice and juicy, the tomatoes get charred and all their sweetness comes out and tastes divine with the perfectly cooked green beans and shallots.
Finally, the seasoning gives this dinner great Italian flavor. It truly is a winner winner chicken dinner!
What do you need to know to make this sheet pan dinner?
- I highly recommend lining your sheet pan with parchment paper or foil for easy clean up.
- If you line the pan with foil, make sure you coat it with cooking spray so the food won’t stick.
- You can substitute boneless chicken breasts for the bone-in thighs. To do this, cut the breasts in half lengthwise (this will help speed up the cooking time) and reduce cooking time to 20 minutes.
- If you don’t have a shallot on hand, you can substitute a small onion or half of a medium size.
- To round out this meal, it’s delicious served with a side of brown rice.
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp plus 2 tsp olive oil
- 3/4 tsp dried Italian seasoning, divided
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp pepper, divided
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1 large shallot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 (12 oz) bag fresh green beans
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Place chicken on a sheet pan lined with parchment or coated with cooking spray.
Drizzle chicken with 2 tsp olive oil.
Sprinkle with 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.
In a large bowl, toss together garlic, shallot, tomatoes and green beans with 2 tbsp olive oil, 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning, 3/4 tsp salt,1/4 tsp pepper and oregano.
Spread vegetable mixture on the sheet pan with the chicken.
Roast in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, until chicken reaches and internal temperature of 180 degrees.
I have also made this recipe with boneless chicken breasts. To speed up the cooking time, I cut the breasts in half lengthwise. Then I reduce the cooking time to 20 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 338Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 166mgSodium: 815mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 32g