Shredded Brussels Sprouts with Spicy Mustard Vinaigrette is a delicious side dish that’s special enough for holiday dinners but easy enough for any night of the week.
When is comes to Thanksgiving, what is the most important part of the meal for you? Are you team turkey or team sides? For me, I’m definitely team side dishes! In my opinion, turkey is just a vehicle for gravy, so I would be perfectly happy with a table full of just sides.
These shredded brussels sprouts are a side dish that I’m really excited to serve this year. They are so easy to prepare and a spicy mustard vinaigrette takes the flavor to a new level, not to mention bacon and onion.
To make these brussels sprouts extra quick and easy, I suggest buying pre-sliced brussels sprouts. You certainly can slice your own, but the pre-sliced will really speed things up.
The spicy mustard vinaigrette is so flavorful and takes just minutes to prepare. You only need to whisk together a few simple ingredients and it’s ready to go. To save you even more time, the vinaigrette can made a day or two ahead of time. When you’re ready to dress the brussels sprouts, just give the dressing a quick whisk.
You can also chop the onion and bacon a couple of days ahead of time. When you’re ready to prepare the dish, it will only take a few minutes to sauté the vegetables and bacon and then toss it with the vinaigrette.
If you’re preparing this side dish for a weeknight meal, it still comes together quickly even if you haven’t prepped anything ahead of time.
What ingredients do you need to make shredded brussels sprouts with spicy mustard vinaigrette?
- Brussels sprouts
- Cider vinegar
- Worcestershire sauce
- Spicy brown mustard
- Olive oil
What do you need to know about making this side dish?
- To speed up prep time, use pre-sliced brussels sprouts
- The vinaigrette can be made up to two days ahead of time
- Chopping the bacon and onion up to a couple of days ahead of time will also speed up prep time
- You may not need all of the vinaigrette for the brussels sprout mixture, any leftover vinaigrette will be delicious on a tossed green salad
What are some other favorite holiday side dishes?
- Sourdough Sausage Stuffing
- Fresh Green Beans with Butter Shallot Sauce
- Brown Butter Maple Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Wild Rice Salad
- Cranberry Fluff
Shredded Brussels Sprouts with Spicy Mustard Vinaigrette
Shredded Brussels Sprouts with Spicy Mustard Vinaigrette is special enough for holiday dinners but easy enough for any night of the week.
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 tsp dried dill
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
- 2 slices bacon, thinly cut crosswise
- 1 lb brussels sprouts, sliced into thin strips
- Whisk together first 7 ingredients, through pepper, until well combined.
- Slowly whisk in 1/3 cup olive oil until mixture is emulsified. Set aside.
- Heat remaining tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and bacon to pan. Saute until the onion is becoming transluscent and the bacon is starting to brown.
- Add sliced brussels sprouts to the pan and continue to cook until the brussels sprouts start to wilt and the bacon is cooked through.
- Toss mixture with dressing until well coated. You may not need to use all of the dressing.
Purchasing pre-sliced brussels sprouts will speed up the prep time.
You may not need all of the vinaigrette to coat the brussels sprouts mixture. Any leftover dressing will be delicious on any tossed green salad.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 107Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 303mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 5g
doctoral dissertation help your
Saturday 12th of February 2022
best dissertation writing companies https://helpon-doctoral-dissertations.net/
online ed.d programs without dissertation
Friday 11th of February 2022
dissertation only phd https://dissertations-writing.org/
Friday 11th of February 2022
law dissertation help https://help-with-dissertations.com/
dissertation writing jobs
Thursday 10th of February 2022
dissertation timelines https://buydissertationhelp.com/
scatter slots naked
Friday 4th of February 2022
sim slots free games https://www-slotmachines.com/