If you love a fruity, but not too sweet cocktail, a Classic Cosmopolitan Cocktail is the perfect martini for you. It’s slightly sweet and has the perfect balance of fruity flavor along with a delightful bite.
What is a Classic Cosmopolitan?
A cosmopolitan is a festive martini that’s perfect for toasting. It has a beautiful light pink color and just the right bite from a combination of vodka and triple sec.
To that mixture, add cranberry juice along with a squeeze of fresh lime for the perfect balance of fruitiness.
Some may think of a cosmo as a girly drink, but I think anyone who enjoys a drink with a bit of a boozy bite will enjoy a cosmo cocktail.
Whether you’re celebrating something special like Valentine’s Day, an anniversary, or just toasting the end of a long week, this is a cocktail that you want in your drink repertoire.
The great thing about this martini is that you don’t need to keep any complicated ingredients on hand. If you have vodka, triple sec, cranberry juice and fresh limes on hand you’re good to go. Just measure the ingredients and shake it up in a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
If you think you don’t like martinis, this is the perfect one to try. The fruitiness from the cranberry and lime keep it from tasting too strong.
I always use cranberry juice cocktail, rather that 100% cranberry juice because it, along with the triple sec add just a touch of sweetness.
What ingredients are in a cosmopolitan cocktail?
- A good quality vodka – Tito’s is my first choice, it’s got good flavor and a very good price point. If you want to splurge, Grey Goose is an excellent choice, as well.
- Triple sec of your choice – I’m not particular about which triple sec that I use, but cointreau liqueur would also be a good choice.
- Cranberry juice cocktail – I have tested this with unsweetened cranberry juice, but found that the cocktail was too tart for my taste.
- Fresh lime juice – I would definitely use fresh squeezed lime juice, it’s adds a really nice freshness to the cocktail.
- Ice – A good amount of ice in the shaker is important for making sure this cocktail is ice cold.
How do you make a classic cosmopolitan martini?
- Fill a cocktail shaker with a generous amount of ice.
- Add the vodka, triple sec and cranberry juice.
- Cover the cocktail shaker and shake vigorously. This will insure that your cocktail is ice cold.
- Strain into martini glasses.
What are some other cranberry cocktails?
- Cranberry-Raspberry Champagne Cocktail
- Rosemary Infused Cranberry Bourbon Martini
- Cranberry Vodka Spritzer
- Cranberry Mule
- 4 (1 1/2 oz) shots vodka
- 2 (1 1/2 oz) shots cranbery juice cocktail
- 1 (1 1/2 oz) shot triple sec
- Juice from 1/2 of a lime
- Lime wedges for garnish - optional
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Add vodka, cranberry juice, triple sec and lime juice to shaker.
- Cover shaker and shake vigorously for about 30 seconds.
- Pour into 2 martini glasses and garnish with lime wedges, if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 326Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 147mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 2gSugar: 40gProtein: 1g