Chocolate swirl cheesecake bars are super creamy and delicious, yet so quick and easy to make. But watch out, they’ll disappear in a flash.
If you’re looking for an easy dessert recipe that will be a serious crowd pleaser, look no further. These easy chocolate swirl cheesecake bars are just what you need.
I made these chocolate cheesecake bars a few weekends ago for a family get together and the entire pan disappeared in a matter of minutes. I’m not even kidding. On top of that they are seriously easy to make and work really well to make ahead of time.
These swirls bars start with an easy graham cracker crust which is a combination of crushed graham crackers, sugar and butter. The mixture gets pressed into a baking dish and baked for a short time.
While the crust is baking, a simple cheesecake batter gets mixed up. After the crust finishes baking, the batter gets poured into the baking dish.
The final step before baking is to add dollops of melted chocolate on top of the batter and then swirl it in with a knife. The bars then go into the oven to bake until the cheesecake is set.
The result is a creamy cheesecake over a crunchy graham cracker crust. But what really puts these bars over the top is the chocolate swirled into the cheesecake.
It’s kind of like a combination of cheesecake and a chocolate bar all swirled into one delicious dessert. Truly a treat for your taste buds.
What do I need to make chocolate swirl cheesecake bars?
- Graham crackers – I used regular graham crackers that I crushed in the food processor. If you can find them at your grocery store, pre-crushed graham crackers will make this crust even easier.
- Butter – Any butter or margarine that you have on hand will work in this recipe.
- Cream cheese – I used regular cream cheese this time, but I’ve also tested this recipe with light cream cheese. Make sure to use the cream cheese bricks, rather than a tub of cream cheese. Since I haven’t tested this with fat free cream cheese, I wouldn’t recommend it.
- Vanilla – I highly recommend pure vanilla rather than imitation. The flavor will be so much better.
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips – If you prefer, you could use milk chocolate chips instead.
More easy dessert bar recipes:
- 15 whole graham crackers
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 (8 oz ) pkgs cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and coat an 8×8 pan with cooking spray.
- Crush graham crackers in a food processor or blender.
- Add sugar and butter and mix until well combined.
- Place mixture in prepared pan.
- Press mixture into the bottom of the pan and up the sides with your fingers, until it forms a crust.
- Bake crust in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat cream cheese with a mixer until creamy.
- Add sugar and beat until well combined.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Beat in flour until well combined.
- Pour batter into pan over crust.
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave 15-30 seconds at a time, stirring well each time, until completely melted.
- Dollop chocolate over the batter with a spoon.
- With the tip of a knife, swirl the chocolate into the batter.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until cheesecake is set.
- Remove from oven and cool completely on the counter.
- Refrigerate until chilled.
- Cut into squares and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 326Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 176mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 2gSugar: 31gProtein: 4g