This Tex-Mex Lasagna is a delicious twist on traditional lasagna. It’s full of great south of the border flavor and couldn’t be easier to make.
I love one-pot or one-pan meals. They make getting dinner on the table easy and they are great if you are serving a lot of people or if you need to bring a dish to a party.
This recipe for Tex-Mex lasagna totally fits the bill. Not only is it a one-pan meal, it is super easy to put together because it doesn’t involve any cooking or chopping ahead of time.
You assemble the lasagna and pop it in the oven. How easy does that sound?
If you want a this to be a vegetarian dish, it’s every bit as delicious without the pork. I happened to have shredded pork in my freezer, but if you don’t have any on hand, you could add cooked chicken (a rotisserie chicken would work great).
If you want to make this ahead for later, you can assemble everything but don’t bake it. Cover the pan tightly and refrigerate or freeze. If you’re going to freeze it, you’ll want to thaw it before baking.
- 1 1/2 cups bottled salsa
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 - 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 - 8 oz cans tomato sauce
- cooking spray
- 9 no- boil lasagna noodles
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 - 15 oz cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups cooked, shredded pork
- 3 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Spread about 1 cup of the sauce in the botttom of a 9x13 inch pan that's been coated with cooking spray.
- Arrange 3 noodles over the sauce.
- Top noodles with 1 cup of corn, half of the beans and 1 cup of pork.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup of cheese and top with about 1 cup of the sauce.
- Repeat layers once (noodles, corn, beans, pork, cheese, sauce).
- Top with remaining 3 noodles.
- Spread 1 1/2 to 2 cups of sauce over the noodles.
- Top with remaining cheese
- Cover with foil and bake in preheated oven for 3 minutes or until sauce is bubbly.
- Let stand for 15 minutes, then slice and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 349Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 740mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 9gSugar: 5gProtein: 21g