This Post is sponsored by Hamilton Beach. All opinions are my own.
Grilled Chicken Pesto Pasta is an incredibly easy dish to prepare, yet it’s full of rich delicious flavor. It’s perfect for family dinners or entertaining.
Today’s recipe is so easy it’s almost silly! Especially since it absolutely bursts with flavor. Every time I tell my family that grilled chicken pesto pasta is for dinner they get so excited. Which is great because as I said, it’s so EASY! It is, in fact, so easy that I made it a number of years ago for Kelly’s high school graduation open house for over 100 people.
What’s great about this recipe is that it tastes great both hot and at room temperature. When I made it for Kelly’s open house, I actually made it the day before and then before the party, I took it out of the fridge and brought it to room temperature. It was so good that people even asked where it was catered from! I also discovered (since I made WAY too much) that it freezes well….we ate a lot of pesto pasta that summer.
I love to make this dish with grilled chicken because I feel like it adds an extra layer of flavor that you don’t get with plain cooked chicken. And the great thing is, with the Hamilton Beach Indoor Searing Grill, you can get that great grilled flavor no matter what the weather is. Just set the grill on your kitchen counter and you’re ready to go.
I have to say, this indoor grill works like a charm. The chicken turned out juicy and delicious. It has a high searing temperature that gives you that great outdoor grill taste every time. I also love that the cooking plate and the drip pan are both dishwasher safe, which makes clean up a snap.
If you want one of these for your own kitchen, you can pick one up at your local Walmart or order it online. Then you can make grilled chicken pesto pasta anytime you like, no matter what the weather.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast, about 1lb
- garlic powder
- dried Italian seasoning
- fresh cracked pepper
- 1 box short cut pasta, cooked according to package instructions
- 1 cup prepared basil pesto
- ⅓ to ½ cup grated parmesan
- ¼ cup toasted pine nuts for ganish, if desired
- Heat grill to 350 degrees.
- Season chicken with garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Grill chicken until cooked through, about 8 minutes per side.
- Cut chicken into thin slices.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, chicken, pesto and cheese.
- Mix well, until chicken and pasta are well coated with the pesto, adding a small amount of the pasta water if it seems dry.
- Finish by adding lots of fresh cracked pepper.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
This recipe has been shared at: