If you are looking for an easy bread option or a quick and easy appetizer, look no further. These parmesan puffs are a delicious, savory treat.
These parmesan puffs are an incredibly easy and tasty morsel. Parmesan cheese gives them a wonderful, cheesy flavor and they take almost no time to prepare.
I hadn’t made them in a while and I totally forgot just how easy they are. They really are fool proof. You melt some butter in water and milk, bring it to a boil and then beat in a few more ingredients. Then you drop them in mounds on a cookie sheet and they go into the oven for a short baking time.
They’re perfect to serve with dinner and they’re also a great option for a quick appetizer.
If you’re serving them with your dinner, drop the dough on a cookie sheet into 8 mounds and if you want to serve them as an appetizer, drop them into 12 mounds for little mini puff. That’s it!
They are best served warm, so if you want to make them ahead of time, just pop them back into a 350 degree oven for a few minutes to reheat them before serving. If you are going to serve them later, store them at room temperature in an airtight container. I’ve also found that they freeze really well.
There are so many delicious ways to serve these little puffs. They’re a perfect cheesy compliment to ham, which makes them perfect for your Easter table.
These beauties also taste amazing with an Italian themed dinner. I think they would be especially delicious served along side a big plate of spaghetti and meatballs.
In their smaller form they’re a perfect little bite for an appetizer. All they need is a little butter and your guests will love them. They are just bursting with cheesy goodness!
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup fresh grated parmesan
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, preferably fresh cracked
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small saucepan, combine milk, water, butter and salt.
- Bring mixture to boiling over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium and stir in flour all at once.
- Beat mixture with a wooden spoon until it leaves the side of the pan and forms a ball. It will happen fairly quickly.
- Place mixture in a medium bowl.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in parmesan cheese and pepper.
- Drop in 8 mounds (or 12 mounds if serving as an appetizer) on a cookie sheet coated lined with parchment paper or coated with cooking spray..
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until they are puffed and golden.
- Serve immediately.
If you're going to serve these later, store at room temperature in an airtight container and reheat in a 350 degree oven for a few minutes until they're heated through.
You can also freeze them in a single layer and store in a ziplock bag or a plastic container. Reheat in the same way until they're thawed and warmed through.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 154Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 73mgSodium: 321mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 6g
Shared at these great blogs: