Chicken Caprese Salad is an easy, 20 minute, no-cook meal that’s bursting with fresh summer flavors. It’s perfect for busy weeknights.
I love caprese salad. The combination of tomato, fresh mozzarella and basil is so good together. I thought it would even more delicious to put together a main course version of caprese salad. I have to say, the result tastes absolutely amazing!
To turn this into a entree salad, I added rotisserie chicken and served everything over a bed of mixed greens. Any cooked chicken that you have on hand would work well. If you happen to have leftover grilled chicken, it would be especially delicious.
Instead of the traditional version of layered slices of cheese and tomatoes, I made all of the ingredients bite sized and tossed it all together. Grape tomatoes, which always taste so sweet and juicy, are cut in half and then I used fresh mozzarella pearls, which are perfect little bite size pieces of cheese. Finally, there’s bite size pieces of chicken and lots of fresh basil.
To dress the salad, I made a quick and easy vinaigrette. You can either quickly whisk together the ingredients in a small bowl or put all of the ingredients in a glass jar and shake it up until it’s combined.
I don’t like my salad to have too much dressing on it, so I only used about half of what I made. Any leftover dressing that you have can be stored in the fridge for a couple of weeks and used on any of your favorite salads. Then I served the salad over a bed of mixed greens.
This really took almost no time to make and there was absolutely no cooking involved. That, in my mind, makes it a perfect and easy summertime dinner. It’s perfect to take along for a picnic in the park or to a potluck.
- 1 clove garlic, grated or finely minced
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 pints grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella pearls
- 3/4 lb cooked chicken, cut into bite size pieces (rotisserie chicken works great)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- mixed greens
- In a small bowl, whisk together garlic, mustard, vinegar lemon, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Once everything is well combined, slowly whisk in olive oil.
- Combine tomatoes, mozzarella, chicken and basil in a large bowl.
- Add a little dressing at a time and keep tossing, until salad is well coated ( you probably won't use all of the dressing).
- Serve salad over mixed greens.
- Garnish with black pepper, if desired.
To make the dressing even quicker, you can combine all of the dressing ingredients in a glass jar and shake until well combined.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 618Total Fat: 49gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 33gCholesterol: 118mgSodium: 759mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 2gSugar: 7gProtein: 33g