This mayo free coleslaw takes just minutes to prepare and is full of tangy, delicious flavor. It’s a perfect addition to any backyard BBQ or picnic.
I happen to love coleslaw just about any way it’s made. Unfortunately, my family doesn’t share that love. I’m the only person in the house who likes mayo and since coleslaw usually has mayo in in it, I could never get them to even try it. Since I feel that coleslaw makes a great side dish, I went on a quest to create a dressing for coleslaw that didn’t have mayo in it.
What I came up with is a vinaigrette. I use dijon mustard to make it a little bit creamy and then sweeten it with either agave nectar or honey. It’s really delicious and my family loves it. It’s a really easy side dish to make on a weeknight. The dressing comes together in a snap and then I use a pre-shredded bag of cabbage and mix it all together. If I’m feeling really crazy, I will add some other veggies to it, so feel free to add any other veggies to it that you like.
Oh….and since it’s mayo free, it’s great for a picnic or a backyard barbecue!
- 3 tbsp cidar vinegar
- 3 tbsp agave nectar or honey
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp celery salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 bag pre-shredded cabbage mix
- In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients, except for the olive oil and cabbage.
- Add olive oil in a small stream, whisking constantly, until it's well combined.
- Put cabbage mix in a large bowl and toss with dressing, until cabbage is well coated.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.