It’s not quite grill season here in Minnesota, but hey, who needs the grill when you can make a sheet pan dinner with bratwurst and roasted vegetables? It’s an incredibly easy way to get dinner on the table and the flavors are amazing.
Have you heard of sheet pan dinners? Let me tell you, they’re quite the amazing thing. Basically you put your entire dinner on a sheet pan and roast it in the oven. Dinner can hardly get easier than that. You could have a different sheet pan dinner every night of the week if you wanted to. The possibilities really are endless and clean up is a snap.
If you don’t like bratwurst you could use your favorite sausage, chicken, pork chops or fish. Then whatever veggies you like. I’m using red peppers, onions, potatoes and brussels sprouts in this recipe, but carrots, sweet potatoes, green beans, broccoli or squash would also be fantastic.
You’ll want to season this up as well, which is also totally flexible. I’m seasoning this up with oregano, smoked paprika and garlic. But feel free to get creative, you could give your sheet pan dinner a Mexican flair by seasoning it with cumin and chili powder.
I have to say, the bratwurst was quite amazing and the veggies were perfectly roasted AND clean up took almost no time! All in all a perfect dinner!
- 1 red bell peppers, sliced into 1 inch strips
- 1 onion, cut into wedges (I used a sweet onion)
- 1 lb small potatoes, cut into quarters (I used a combination of red, blue and gold)
- 8 oz brussels sprouts, cut in half
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 fresh bratwurst
- 4 brat buns
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper (easy clean up, people).
- Toss vegetables with olive oil and spices.
- Spread vegetables evenly on sheet pan.
- Nestle bratwurst in the vegetables.
- Roast in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes.
- Serve bratwurst in the buns and top with the peppers and onions, if desired.