Sheet Pan Chicken Fajita Bowls are a healthy one pan wonder that take almost no time to prepare and are full of incredible Mexican flavor.
We love Mexican food at our house and fajitas have to be one of our favorites. That’s why I’m so excited about these sheet pan chicken fajita bowls. They are so easy to make and clean up is a snap, especially if you line your sheet pan with parchment or foil. On top of being easy, they taste amazing and are a pretty healthy option for dinner.
I used cilantro lime rice as the base of my bowls, but if you wanted to keep the carbs down, you could build your bowls on top of a big bed of lettuce. Or, if you’re not into bowls, you could serve these more traditionally with flour or corn tortillas. In the recipe, I listed my favorite toppings, but again, you can use whatever toppings are your favorite, it’s very flexible.
From start to finish, these take just 45 minutes of which 30 of those minutes are hands off while the fajitas are roasting in the oven. That makes sheet pan fajita bowls a perfect solution for any night of the week.
- 2 tsp Mexican or Southwestern seasoning blend
- 1½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breast, sliced crosswise
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- cilantro lime rice
- shredded lettuce
- chopped tomatoes
- shredded cheese
- sliced avocado
- sour cream
- chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Whisk together first 7 ingredients, through olive oil.
- Toss chicken, red pepper and onion with the seasoning mixture until well coated.
- Spread chicken mixture out on a sheet pan that's been lined with parchment or foil.
- Roast in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- To assemble bowls, place some rice in the bottom of a bowl and top with fajita mixture along with any desired toppings.
This recipe has been shared at: