Roasted tomato and chicken sheet pan dinner over spaghetti squash is healthy, naturally gluten free and incredibly flavorful. Plus, it’s so easy to prepare.
Yes, I admit it, I’ve become slightly obsessed with sheet pan dinners. But for good reason! They’re simple to make, they require minimal clean up and they’re so tasty. Among my favorites are sheet pan fajita bowls and sheet pan dinner with bratwurst and roasted vegetables. And did I mention that clean up is easy? Ummm….one pan.
My latest and greatest sheet pan creation is served over my other new favorite, spaghetti squash. I remember trying spaghetti squash a few years ago and not being terribly impressed. But recently my daughter, Kelly, was raving about how good it was, so I decided to give it another shot. And, boy, am I glad I did. I’m not going to try and pretend that it tastes just like spaghetti, but it’s a darn good substitute if you’re trying to cut down on carbs or are gluten free and want to enjoy a hearty pasta dish.
Spaghetti squash retains a nice firm texture, even if you reheat it and the flavor is very neutral. It really takes on the flavor of whatever you toss it with. Preparing it is also really easy. Just cut it in half, drizzle it with some olive oil and roast it in the oven.
Now, let’s talk about the roasted tomatoes and chicken. That’s really the star of this dish. Roasted tomatoes take on the most amazing flavor, especially when garlic and shallots are added to the mix. To prepare this, all you need to do is spread the veggies and chicken out on a sheet pan, toss it with some olive oil, season it and let it do its thing in the oven. And since you only used one pan, clean up is a cinch.
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cut into chunks
- 2 heaping cups grape tomatoes
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 2 tbsp olive oil plus more for drizzling
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- a handful of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Parmesan cheese for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line 2 sheet pans with parchment paper or foil.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise.
- Place on a sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil
- Roast in preheated oven for 40 minutes.
- Spread chicken, tomatoes, shallot and garlic on the second sheet pan.
- Drizzle oil over mixture and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Lay rosemary sprigs over mixture.
- Roast in same oven for 30 minutes, until chicken is cooked through and tomatoes have burst.
- Scrape spaghetti squash strands out of the shell with a fork.
- Toss spaghetti squash, chicken mixture and parsley together.
- Serve with parmesan cheese.
This recipe has been shared at: