I have to warn you, if you make this, I can’t guarantee that you won’t want to eat the whole batch yourself. It’s a perfect holiday combination of flavors. I mean, who doesn’t love the combo of chocolate and peppermint together? Then throw in some pretzels for a salty crunch and you have a perfect trifecta.
If you’re looking for a homemade food gift this time of year, this is a great option. It’s really easy to make and it keeps well, plus everyone will love it. So spread the love, make a batch and give it to your neighbors, friends and family. I brought a plateful to church yesterday and put it next to the coffee. I’m pretty sure it was a hit because it disappeared in no time.
I just hope I can keep enough in the house to serve with coffee on Christmas Eve!
- 8 peppermint Oreos, roughly crushed (you still want some good size pieces)
- 1 cup mini pretzels, roughly crushed
- 4 candy canes, more finely crushed
- 1 (24 oz) pkg chocolate almond bark
- 1 (24 oz) pkg vanilla almond bark
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roughly chop both almond barks and put in separate bowls.
- Microwave chocolate bark for 1 minute.
- Remove from microwave and stir well.
- Continue microwaving 15 seconds at a time, stirring well each time, until chocolate is completely melted.
- Pour chocolate onto baking sheet and spread into a thin layer with a spatula.
- Allow chocolate to completely harden. I put mine into the refrigerator for a few minutes.
- Repeat melting process with vanilla bark.
- Pour melted vanilla over the chocolate and spread out with a spatula, completely covering chocolate.
- Quickly sprinkle with crushed oreos, pretzels and candy canes, pressing down gently. The bark hardens quickly, so you need to move fast so that the toppings stick.
- Cut or break into pieces once the bark is completely hardened.