I love Italian food! I especially love pasta dishes, I could eat pasta every day. I sometimes think that I was Italian in a previous life. So it should come as no surprise that I wanted to make pasta for dinner last night.
The dish that was coming to mind for me was pasta with vodka cream sauce. I had never made it before, but I really wanted to give it a try. So I spent some time looking at different recipes to see how it was done and then I went to work on my own version.
It turned out to be delicious, definitely a “keeper” recipe. I used my homemade marinara sauce in this recipe, but you could certainly use your favorite jar of sauce. I also used half and half, partly to keep it a little lighter and partly because that’s what I had on hand. Feel free to use cream if you prefer.
- 4 cups marinara sauce (click on the link for my recipe or use your favorite jarred sauce)
- 2/3 cup vodka
- 1 cup half and half (or cream, if you prefer)
- crushed red pepper, to taste
- a couple of big handfuls of parmesan cheese
- hot, cooked short pasta (I used penne)
Shared at Miz Helen’s Country Cottage on 12/15/11.
Shared at 4 Little Fergusons on 12/16/11.